Legends of the Track: The Most Successful Horses in UK Racing History
Horse racing has been a popular sport in the UK for centuries, and many of the world’s best racehorses have been produced on British soil. Here are some of the most successful horses ever produced in UK racing:
- Frankel: Frankel is widely considered one of the greatest racehorses of all time. He was unbeaten in all 14 of his career races and won many prestigious titles, including the 2,000 Guineas, the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, and the Juddmonte International Stakes. He retired in 2012 and went on to have a successful career as a stallion.
- Arkle: Arkle is another legendary racehorse, who won the Cheltenham Gold Cup three years in a row from 1964 to 1966. He was known for his incredible jumping ability and is still regarded as one of the greatest steeplechasers of all time.
- Nijinsky: Nijinsky was the last horse to win the English Triple Crown, a series of three races consisting of the 2,000 Guineas, the Derby, and the St. Leger. He was also a successful sire, producing many successful racehorses.
- Red Rum: Red Rum is perhaps the most famous racehorse in UK history. He won the Grand National three times, in 1973, 1974, and 1977, and is still the only horse to have achieved this feat. He was also known for his incredible endurance, and his success at the Grand National made him a national icon.
- Enable: Enable is a modern-day racehorse who has already achieved great success. She won the Oaks, the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes, and the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in 2017, and went on to win the same titles again in 2018. She is known for her incredible stamina and tenacity, and is still competing at a high level.
- Sea-Bird: Sea-Bird was a French-bred racehorse who won the Epsom Derby and the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in 1965. He set a new record time in the latter race that stood for over 20 years. Sea-Bird was known for his graceful running style and his ability to win races by wide margins.
- Shergar: Shergar was an Irish-bred racehorse who won the Epsom Derby in 1981 by a record-breaking 10 lengths. He was later stolen from his stable and never recovered, making his career tragically short. However, his incredible talent on the track has made him one of the most memorable racehorses of all time.
- Desert Orchid: Desert Orchid, also known as ‘Dessie’, was a grey racehorse who won many prestigious races in the 1980s. He was known for his bold jumping style and his incredible stamina, and was particularly successful in steeplechases. Dessie was a crowd favorite and remains one of the most beloved horses in UK racing history.
- Brigadier Gerard: Brigadier Gerard was an English-bred racehorse who won many races in the 1970s, including the 2,000 Guineas and the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes. He was known for his speed and agility, and was undefeated in his first 16 races.
- Istabraq: Istabraq was an Irish-bred racehorse who won the Champion Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival three times in a row from 1998 to 2000. He was known for his incredible speed and jumping ability, and remains one of the most successful hurdlers in UK racing history.
- These horses have all made their mark on UK racing and are remembered for their incredible talent and achievements on the track.
YOUR TRUSTED BETTING ADVISER SINCE 2007
World No 1 Horse Racing Price Tool for Betfair Prices
GIFT THIS EBOOK ON SECRETS OF GREATEST PUNTERS TO YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS… PASS THE BELOW LINK… INSPIRE THEM
CHECK OUT OUR AMAZING AUTOMATED BETTING BOTS